If you’re looking for a quick and exciting getaway, booking trips to Bimini from Miami may be just the ticket. Located only 50 miles east of the Florida coast, this charming Bahamian island offers crystal-clear waters, beautiful beaches, and a laid-back atmosphere. With several transportation options available, including fast ferries and seaplanes, getting to Bimini has never been easier.
As someone who’s traveled to the Bahamas by private charter before, I know firsthand how important it is to choose the right transportation for your needs. When planning your trip to Bimini, consider factors like cost, travel time, and any additional amenities offered by different carriers. This way, you’ll ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey, allowing you to focus on making the most of your time on this beautiful island paradise.
So, let’s check out how you can get there, our recommendations on what to book for transportation, and learn a little about Bimini along the way.
Top Trips to Bimini from Miami
Knowing the best ways to reach Bimini from Miami will make your island adventure even more enjoyable. Lucky for you, we’ve put together a list of top trips that cater to different travel preferences.
By Boat / Luxury Ferry
Sailing or Motorboating to Bimini from Miami can be a fun and rewarding experience for those who want to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Private charters and yacht rentals give you the opportunity to explore the islands at your own pace, with options for both day trips and overnight stays.
This is definitely my top choice, as it’s a really short boat trip – and you get to enjoy the beautiful waters and wind in your hair along the way. 👇
Here are my top choices to book:
- Bimini Bahamas day trip with optional Beach Day Club – Looking for a quick tropical getaway from Miami Beach? This is such a hassle-free round-trip ferry service to Bimini Island in the Bahamas, is complete with comfortable seating, restrooms, and air conditioning. Once you arrive, you’ll have free time to explore the island’s world-class beaches, try out water sports, and enjoy the local cuisine. Optional activities include renting jet skis or a golf cart to explore the island. Pickup is available from select Miami Beach hotels or downtown Miami.
💡You’re going to need your passport for this trip, so don’t forget it!
⭐⭐Fun experience if you are looking for fantastic beaches or water sports activities. We had a blast partying at the beach club with DJ Marie, the drinks were at fair prices and the crowd was fun. – A Tripadvisor Reviewer (2/2023)Review posted Via booking.com
If you’re short on time or looking for an unforgettable view, a seaplane tour is a perfect solution. Soaring over the turquoise waters and beautiful coastline, you’ll get a birds-eye perspective of the islands before touching down in Bimini. Seaplane tours typically last a few hours and offer the ultimate convenience, as you’ll be able to skip the additional transit time to reach the island via boat or ferry.
If you prefer a more affordable and relaxed journey, taking the fast ferry is an excellent option. One popular choice is the Balearia Caribbean, which departs from Port Everglades and offers a comfortable trip to Bimini in about 2 hours for just around $129.
- Company: Balearia Caribbean
- Departure Port: Port Everglades
- Travel Time: 2 hours
- Price: $129
Booking a Trip
Planning your trip to Bimini from Miami is a straightforward process, and you have several options to choose from when it comes to booking. In this section, we will explore some popular online platforms to help you find the best deal for your Bimini adventure.
There are numerous online platforms readily available to help you plan and book your trip to Bimini. Some popular options include:
- Expedia: Search for vacation packages to Bimini, starting at $759, which may include the round-trip ferry, accommodation, and more.
- Viator: We book most of our tours and adventures through Viator. You can find day trip packages like the Bimini Day Tour from Miami or Bimini Bahamas Day Trip by Ferry. These packages typically range from $239 to $380.
- Direct websites for ferry companies (such as FRS Caribbean) are also informative and provide options for booking Miami-to-Bimini day trip ferries, priced around $129 plus tax.
When booking through these platforms, always pay attention to the included services, such as transport, meals, or guided tours. Remember to compare prices and read reviews to ensure you’re selecting the best option for your needs and budget.
Weather and Best Time to Travel
When planning your trip to Bimini from Miami, it’s essential to consider the weather and the best time to travel. Bimini enjoys a tropical climate, which means warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine throughout the year. However, the peak tourist season is between December and April, when the weather is generally the most pleasant with lower humidity and fewer rain showers.
Alternatively, you can also visit during the shoulder seasons of May-June or September-October, when the crowds are thinner but the weather is still favorable. Remember that the hurricane season lasts from June to November, which might cause some travel inconveniences, so it’s a good idea to check forecasts before your trip.
Make sure you have all the essentials packed for your trip to Bimini. Here are some suggestions:
- Lightweight, breathable clothing to stay comfortable in the tropical weather
- A swimsuit and cover-up for beach activities
- Beach towel, hat, and sunglasses for sun protection
- Biodegradable sunscreen and insect repellent
- Water shoes or sandals for exploring the shores
- A light rain jacket or umbrella for potential rain showers
- Basic first aid kit and any necessary medications
Before departing for your trip, double-check that you have all necessary travel documents in order. As a U.S. citizen, you’ll need the following:
- A valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration
- Proof of your return or onward travel from Bimini, such as a ferry or flight reservation
If you’re not a U.S. citizen, be sure to research visa requirements for your specific nationality well in advance, as the process might take some time. In addition, having a printed or digital copy of your travel insurance policy is a wise precaution for any unexpected issues that might arise during your trip.
When planning your trip to Bimini from Miami, you’ll find a wealth of experiences waiting for you in this tropical paradise. To help you make the most out of your visit in case that you have some additional time to explore, we’ve outlined some top attractions, outdoor activities, and local cuisine to enjoy during your stay.
Start with a visit to Alice Town, where you can explore its historic charm and the Radio Beach Shipwreck. Move on to the Bimini Museum, providing a glimpse into the island’s fascinating past. Don’t miss out on:
- The Dolphin House – A unique art museum in Bimini.
- Shark Mounds – Bimini’s top dive sites with fascinating underwater life.
- Bimini Road – A mysterious underwater rock formation.
Bimini is the perfect destination for outdoor enthusiasts with numerous options to fill your day:
- Snorkeling – Discover the abundant marine life in Bimini’s crystal-clear waters.
- Fishing – Try your luck at catching some local species like tuna, marlin, and mahi-mahi.
- Swimming with dolphins – Interact with these friendly creatures in the open ocean.
- Hiking and biking – Explore the island’s diverse flora and fauna on its many trails.
Finally, indulge in the flavors of Bimini. Sample delicious seafood, freshly caught and prepared in traditional Bahamian style. Some must-tries include:
- Conch salad – A tangy and refreshing mix of conch, citrus, and vegetables.
- Fish fry – A popular island dish featuring fried local fish.
- Grouper fingers – Tasty fried grouper strips, perfect for snacking.
- Johnny cakes – Warm and fluffy Bahamian bread to complement any meal.
With these suggestions in mind, your Bimini adventure awaits, promising unforgettable memories as you explore the island’s unique attractions, immerse yourself in its outdoor activities, and savor its authentic local cuisine.
Accommodations and Extended Stays
Hotels and Resorts
If you’re planning your trip to Bimini from Miami and plan to stay for a few days, it’s essential to find a comfortable and convenient place for accommodations. You’ll be pleased with the variety of hotels and resorts available on the island. Some of the best options include the Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina and the Hilton At Resorts World Bimini.
The Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, located in Alice Town, offers rooms starting at $247 per night. This older property has a charming atmosphere and has earned a 6.8/10 rating based on 159 reviews.
Another popular option is the Hilton At Resorts World Bimini, a luxurious choice located 50 nautical miles off the coast of South Florida. The rates for this resort begin at $338 per night, and you can fully refund your stay if your plans change.
Recap: Trips to Bimini from Miami
Whether you’re interested in a Miami to Bimini day cruise or a longer stay, there are plenty of activities to enjoy while you’re there. From exploring the vibrant marine life through snorkeling or scuba diving to learning about the island’s history and culture, Bimini has something for everyone. And if you’re a seafood lover, don’t forget to indulge in the delicious local cuisine featuring fresh-caught fish and lobster.
If you enjoyed this article, you’ll likely enjoy these too! 👇